Happy Fall!! Today, instead of rambling on (in the best way) about my journeys with Jesus, I thought I would do something a little different. I got this idea from one of my favorite college bloggers, Cristina, who was re-inspired by Mary Kate Robertson.
So, I thought I would share my life and thought process with you. So, here goes nothing (except I couldn’t think of 10 OR 13 Things lol)…
- Ah, home: If you know me, you know that I love going home. I’d rather spend a weekend at home instead of in college. So, I use every opportunity I get to come home for the weekend. This weekend is Fall Break for my school (it’s only 2 days, Thursday & Friday, but I’m still pretty grateful). I was so ready for Fall Break; I even made a Fall Break Bucket List, which included a ton of things I wanted to do over the break, since I have a little time to myself. Even though I haven’t done much, the break isn’t over yet. But it’s also the weekend, so…
- Graduation: So, I applied for graduation last Saturday and it was SO weird. Like, I’m graduating. I feel like these four years went by so quickly. I’m always telling people that college most definitely went by quicker than high school (then my Mom reminded me that it’s because I didn’t enjoy high school lol). So, May 2018, pretty exciting.
- Skincare: I’ve been searching for the “perfect” skincare routine for the longest time. I recently got serious about it and sat myself down to research a ton of skincare products. I narrowed it down and now I have a list of potential skincare products. Also, I had a weird reaction and broke out on my face last week, so I can’t really buy and try my new skincare routine just yet, but soon… lol
- Stranger Things: You guys, I. am. so. ready. for. Stranger. Things. 2. Although I didn’t have to wait as long as a lot of other people, since I didn’t watch the 1st season until this past May. But I still feel like I’ve been waiting for so long. I don’t think I’m gonna be able to watch the whole thing until Thanksgiving Break though. So, NO spoilers! lol
- Apple Music: So, I decided to try Apple Music out this past summer. A lot of people raved about it, so I signed up for the free 3-month trial. At the time, I was so grateful that it was a whole 3 months. But as the months rolled on, I began to see just how clever Apple Music is, because once October 3 hit, I could NOT give it up. So I gave in and paid lol. It’s only $5 a month… until I graduate haha.
- Fall Finds: I rarely talk about fashion on my blog, but I love fashion (but, not the runway stuff, tbh). For a long time, my dream job was to be a fashion journalist (again, not the runway stuff). But lately, I’ve gotten to learn about professions other than fashion journalism (but still in the fashion/lifestyle dept.) that I think I might be interested in. But one of the things I love about fashion is finding new trends and predicting what will be popular each season. Fall Fashion Predictions: sneakers, ripped boyfriend jeans, and v-neck sweaters!
- Breaking patterns: This is something a little personal, but I guess I’ll share it anyway. For a long time, the thought of being in a relationship has been at the center of my mind. I honestly don’t think I’m ready to be in a relationship rn, but it’s like I’m always wondering what it’ll be like, and I’m always trying to write my own love story in my mind. Recently, I just felt a shift in my heart: like, I can’t be like this anymore. I don’t want this (or anything) to be at the center of my mind because that takes Jesus from the center and I don’t want that. So I’ve really been praying that the Holy Spirit will help me. Prayers appreciated!
- (Bible) Study Session: Do you ever have those days when you sit down to have your quiet time, but everything just seems so scattered? That’s what has been happening to me for the past few weeks. I’ll hop from a devotional one morning to something else the next, then back to a devotional. I mean, there’s really nothing wrong with that, but I think I’m gonna come up with a new routine. I really wanna start reading a new book of the Bible. Any suggestions??</p>
Extra Thing: Also, school has been taking a toll on me, which is why I’m so grateful for this Fall Break. It’s not just schoolwork; it’s also all the clubs and jobs and extracurricular activities I’m involved with. So, if you have any time management/stress relief tips, please help a girl out!
Welp, that;s about it! I really enjoyed writing this post. And while it was a little difficult coming up with 8 Things (+ an Extra Thing) to write about, I think that as the weeks pass, I’ll have more things to tell you! Also, I know two weeks ago, I promised that I would start posting a blog weekly, then I didn’t last week, but this time, I’m for real. So talk to you next week, friend!
P.S. If you have any prayer requests or just wanna talk, feel free to message me! And I hope you’re having an awesome weekend! Remember: don’t let anything or anyone get you down today. Don’t worry about anything. Just be joyful, knowing that God is gonna work everything out.